The mission of Westside Christian Church is to reach people with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ and to lead, teach and equip them to become life-long followers of Him.
An Attitude Worth Following
The three words that the Lord used as He called the disciples to a life changing experience are the words, “Come Follow Me!” These are still the words every devoted follower of Jesus Christ must respond to. What will we do with our own personal call and commission from the Lord? Join me as we explore what these three words can mean for us today. They truly are “An Attitude Worth Following! ~Dennis Shippy
The Manger and the Cross
Sometimes in the rush of Christmas activity, we forget that the most wondrous part of Christmas is the fact that, in the Person of Jesus Christ, God became flesh in order to save us from our sins. That is the crux of the Christian message…that is the answer to those who ask, “Why did God become human?” It is because the shadow of the Cross is present at the Manger in Bethlehem. They are intertwined…His human birth, His humanity is necessary for the purpose of the Cross. It is GOD WITH US – Immanuel! ~Pastor Frank
- *Christmas Eve Service - “The Manger and the Cross” 2008-12-24 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
All iWant for Christmas!
We live in a fast paced, self-absorbed time and culture. Even our technology and “toys” reflect that attitude, don’t they? Apple has certainly tapped into that mindset with their “i” products...the iPod, the iPhone, the iBook, there is even iTunes. At some point, many people begin to wonder if there is more to think about than “me”, more to life than “i”. Christmas is the perfect opportunity to find the answer to that question and to find a richer and more abundant way to fulfill the deepest desires of our hearts. Join us as we consider “All iWant for Christmas!” during this wonderful time of year. ~Pastor Frank
- *iWant To Believe in Something Bigger Than Me! 2008-12-07 Matthew 2:1-12; Isaiah 46:10-13 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *iWant To Experience Real Peace! 2008-12-14 Luke 2:8-14 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *iWant God To Be Close To Me! 2008-12-21 Matthew 1:18-25 [ Frank Mascaro ]
Following Jesus in a Confused Culture
I don’t know if you have noticed, but we are living in a culture that offers a smorgasbord of religious opinions and beliefs. People are picking and choosing what they want to put on their personal, spiritual plate. Like the Colossian church that was dealing with the blended views of Gnosticism, we live in a culture dominated by religious pluralism – that is, the view that any belief is the right one as long as it is right for you. Because of this reality, I think you and I will find Colossians to be a very timely book that will help us think through the importance of personally Following Jesus In A Confused Culture. ~Pastor Frank
- *Means Knowing Who I Am 2008-10-19 Colossians 1:1-14 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Means Knowing Who Jesus Is 2008-10-26 Colossians 1:15-23 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Means Knowing Why I Am Here 2008-11-02 Colossians 1:23b-2:5 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Means Knowing Truth From Deception 2008-11-09 Colossians 2:6-23 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Means Knowing How To Think 2008-11-16 Colossians 3:1-11 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Means Knowing How To Live 2008-11-23 Colossians 3:12-4:6 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Means Knowing The Cost of Serving 2008-11-30 Colossians 4:7-18 [ Frank Mascaro ]
Family Values: Don’t Leave Home Without ‘Em
Values… what are they and why are they important? With a presidential election on the horizon, FAMILY VALUES are in the news again, but what do these words mean? In our American culture, many families don’t stop to think about their values and how they affect the way we live in today’s world. Yet our values affect every area of our lives, give meaning and direction to our lives, and define who we are and how we live. Join us for the next six weeks as together we discover the importance of building essential values into our own lives and the lives of our children. They are an indispensible foundation as families develop character and assure a solid future. ~Pastor Frank
- *Whose Values Anyway? 2008-09-07 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *The Value of Marriage 2008-09-14 Gen 1:26-29; 2:18-25; Eph 5:22-33 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *The Value of Work 2008-09-21 Gen 1-3; 1 Pet 1:18-19 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *The Value of Money 2008-09-28 Deut 8:17-18; 2 Pet 1:3-8 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Sexual Values 2008-10-05 Gen 1-2; Prov 4:23-27 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *The Value of Identity 2008-10-12 2 Cor 5:16-21; 1 Peter 2:9-10 [ Frank Mascaro ]
Living Mary in a Martha World
It’s so easy to get distracted with all that goes on in life. Let’s face it, life is busy and it doesn’t look like it’s going to slow down. But what does God want? Is he pleased with an over extended schedule? Is he glorified when we are stressed with all that has to get done? And how does ministry fit into all this? While I can’t promise that all your stress and worry will go away, I can help you recognize what God has in store for you. Join me this morning as we discover that what is best is not necessarily what we do but who we are. So take a deep breath and relax as we look at “Living MARY in a MARTHA World!” ~Pastor Nathan Cherry
Where Were You, Jesus?
Sometimes we worship God as we "create" Him in our minds rather than as the Almighty Creator. We pray to Him and make requests based on a very limited view of who He really is. I mean, God is more than just "Jehovah-Jireh" – God, my Provider. His character and attributes are multi—faceted and not subject to the limitations we place upon Him. So where is God when He seems to be "sitting on His hands" when we need Him? This morning, I hope we might see beyond ourselves to something bigger that God may be up to in our lives when those troubling life situations occur. ~ Pastor Frank Mascaro
The Way of Wisdom
Proverbs is a little read and often neglected book of the Bible, yet it is packed with practical, common sense counsel for everyone. The purpose of the book is that we might acquire wisdom to live a life that is honoring and pleasing to God; which results in our ultimate benefit and joy. Today, there are many intelligent people who are very knowledgeable about a variety of things, but it seems to me that wisdom is sadly lacking in much of our society. Come with us as we take a brief journey through this collection of proverbs and see if there are some things that you can discover about the Way of Wisdom and how you can be Living Practically Before God. After all, it couldn’t hurt, right? Let’s go!
- *Wisdom is the Goal 2008-07-06 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Wisdom in the Workplace 2008-07-13 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Wisdom With My Resources 2008-07-20 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Wisdom In My Speech 2008-07-27 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Wisdom In My Relationships 2008-08-03 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Wisdom In Discernment 2008-08-10 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Wisdom In My Lifestyle 2008-08-17 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
Ministry at the Next Level
Sometimes, as Christians, we can become too comfortable; we can slide into complacency in our relationships ï¿½ our relationship with God and our relationships with others. Jesus never left His church here to languish in its own self-indulgence, but to flourish in His command to be His witnesses, penetrating the world with the ï¿½Good Newsï¿½ of His grace and love. Ministry At The Next Level is a reminder of the mission of the church and a call to renewed commitment to engage in the ministry that God has set before His church. As followers of Christ, we really have no other option, do we? Blessings.
- *A Call To An Obedient Response To Our Mission 2008-06-08 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Connecting to God Through Worship 2008-06-15 Selected Scripture [ Michael Beaman ]
- *Connecting With Others - “It’s Not A Choice!” 2008-06-22 Matthew 22:37-40; 25:31-45 [ Nathan Cherry ]
- *Serving All 2008-06-29 [ Josiah Gelsinger ]
The Jonah Syndrome: Being a “Fishy” Follower of Jesus
In this new series, The Jonah Syndrome: Being a “Fishy” Follower of Jesus, we will examine the small, but powerful book of Jonah and see how easy it is to miss God’s purposes because of our own self-centeredness and desires. Through this prophet, I believe we will see ourselves and hopefully, make the adjustments in our own thinking so that we will begin to develop a vision for what God desires and is doing, rather than what we desire. That is what I want and I hope you do too!
- *The Perfect Storm: Where Do You Think You Are Going? 2008-05-11 Jonah 1:1-16 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Voyage To The Bottom of The Sea: Can You Hear Me Now? 2008-05-18 Jonah 1:17-2:10 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *A Repentant City: What Are You Doing God? 2008-05-25 Jonah 3:1-10 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Are You Out of Your Mind?: “Will You Love This City?” 2008-06-01 Jonah 4:1-11 [ Frank Mascaro ]
Reasonable Doubt: Real People... Real Questions.
If you have questions about God and the Bible, let me encourage you. God understands that. After all, God is the One who wired us to seek truth. Many questions trouble our hearts and leave us wondering “where is God in this?” As we embark on our journey through our current series— Reasonable Doubt: Real People...Real Questions!,let me challenge you to keep seeking the answers to your questions and assure you that God is not threatened by our desire to find the truth, but rather delights to reveal Himself to those who honestly look for Him. (Matthew 7:7-8)
- *Is The Bible True? 2008-03-30 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Do All Roads Lead To Heaven? 2008-04-06 Acts 17:16-34 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *What About People Who Have Never Heard About Jesus? 2008-04-13 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *If God Is Love, How Can He Send People To Hell? 2008-04-20 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *How Can a Good God Allow Suffering? 2008-04-27 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *What Is The Purpose of My Life? 2008-05-04 Selected Scripture [ Frank Mascaro ]
The Week That Changed EVERYTHING!
Over the next few weeks leading up to Easter, we will look at “The Week That Changed EVERYTHING!” Each week, we will examine specific events in the last week of Jesus’ life and how this remarkable time frame affected not only individuals at that time, but the entire world from that week onward! The ramifications of the last week of Jesus’ life reverberate through all of human history and carry profound implications for every person in every place. May God lead us and guide us as we step back to Jerusalem and the events that lead to an empty tomb!
- *The Week That Changed A City 2008-02-17 Luke 19:28-44 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *The Week That Changed The Face of Religion 2008-02-24 Mark 11:11-19; Eph 2:13-16 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *The Week That Changed Perceptions 2008-03-02 Mark 14:1-11 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *The Week That Changed the Future 2008-03-09 John 14 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *The Week That Changed Relationships 2008-03-16 John 15:12-17 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *The Week That Changed Eternity! 2008-03-23 Luke 24:1-12; Revelation 21:1-7 [ Frank Mascaro ]
I'll Drink To That
Jesus was able to meet people where they were and address the issues that made them realize their need for something more than this life could provide. We can learn a valuable lesson from our Savior as we study His approach with a woman who got more than water at this well and then showed others where they could find that same water.
Five Reasons People Like Jesus ... But Not Christians
Have you noticed that people are responsive to discussing Jesus, but not very receptive toward Christians? What has happened that makes people think there is a disconnect between Jesus and those who follow Him? Join us as we consider this critical issue through the teachings of Jesus, and see that it is possible to follow Jesus and dispel the misunderstandings that have become barriers to faith.
- *Who Needs Another Guilt Trip? “Christians Who Make Faith A Burden” 2008-01-06 Matthew 23:1-4 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Who Needs Another Mask? “When Christians Are Phony” 2008-01-13 Matthew 23:5-12 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Who Needs More Rules? “When Christians Are Legalistic” 2008-01-20 Matthew 23:13-15 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Who Needs More Confusion? “When Christians Major In The Minors” (No Audio File) 2008-01-27 Matthew 23:16-24 [ Frank Mascaro ]
- *Who Needs More Excuses? "When Christians Are Self-Righteous" 2008-02-03 Matthew 23:25-32 [ Frank Mascaro ]